Your blog is written, pictures loaded up, tag words determined, and your Yoast analysis is lit up like a tree at Christmas.
Let us answer these questions and determine the path for your blog:
- Where are you going to place your blog for readers to see?
- What is your blog actually going to do for you?
- How can you utilize your blog to move your business in the direction you want it to go?
Where to place your blog:
1. Email your blog to your contact list that would be interested in that specific content. (sending, “tips on cosmetics” to a homebuilder, would most likely not be relevant to them and could result in all your emails being marked a spam) so be careful.
2. Post on your business Facebook and share to your personal Facebook page, but use Facebook insights to determine when most viewers are engaged and schedule the post for that time.
3. Tweet it, there are over 330 million Twitter users out there.
4. Instagram is great for getting content in front of the younger generation.
Get Your FREE: 52 Blog Post Ideas
Stay busy through the winter with internet leads, by owning the first page of Google, with these FREE 52 Blog Post Ideas, NOW!
5. Post the blog to a LinkedIn group, make sure it is relevant to the group or you will soon find yourself out of the group.
6. Post to Google+, even though no one will likely read it there. Google still gives preference and more SEO juice to that platform, as of this writing.
What is your blog actually going to do for you?
- Well written blogs will make you the authority on the subject you are writing about. Continual writing about that specific subject will make you the go-to person for questions and opinions.
- It will build an audience in time, which will aid you in selling in the future.
- Improve your writing skills. The more you write, the better you will get.
- It is very low cost or even FREE marketing. It will build your brand or service while educating your audience.
- A blog is great for your SEO.
Bonus Fry: It makes you more transparent and likable. When you write with your authentic voice, we get to know you.
How can you utilize your blog to move your business in the direction you want it to go?
Imagine this, a potential customer “Googles” on a certain subject and your blog article pops up.
They then “Google” a similar subject and a second blog you have written is found.
Who is now the go-to person for this subject?
Look in the mirror… YOU ARE. 😀
I recently had a potential customer that I had asked the “all-important experience question” during the estimate that went like this:
“What would a great painting experience look like to you?”
She then shared that the dust from the last project was more than she ever expected.
I then told her about our process and backed up what I explained in an email with two of my blog posts attached and sold the project in the reply to my email.