It started about three months ago when I was receiving bookings and requests from people I never heard of as well as I never heard of the people they said referred me.
Who are these people? Where did they hear about me and my services?
Straight to the answer: Moms groups on Facebook
If you have not heard of Facebook you have been living under a rock. If your business does not have a presence on Facebook maybe it is time for a change.
If you think Facebook is for kids or a waste of time, you might reconsider because it is where everybody is at. Where else can you engage everybody for free?
What is a Mom’s Group: Moms groups on Facebook is a closed group that is monitored by an administrator or multiple administrators who scrutinize he request to join and allow who they feel is a good fit for the specific group.
These administrators also regulate and monitor what is posted, what pictures are displayed as well as Ban members as they feel are either spamming or “no longer a fit” for the group.
Moms groups on Facebook are usually specified per town and founded by one of the administrators, such as Boston Moms, Springfield Moms, Little Rock moms, ect. ect.
How Do you join a Moms groups on Facebook and what do you post?
- If you are of the female gender this helps when requesting to join.
- Search out the group you want to join such as your home town group and click on join
- You will be in the pending state until one of the administrators accepts your request.
- You will see requests for information such as restaurants that are kid friendly, a good car detailing shop, a house listing (FISBO), apartment needed and what we like to see the service we offer question: Do you know a great painter, plumber, carpenter ect.
How to be a STAR within the group: Do not recommend yourself, let other people recommend you.
“If you say it, it’s bragging. If other say it, it’s proof!” ~ Jeffery Gitomer
If you see a request for services and nobody has recommended you or commented about your company ask a friend in the group via private message to do so, or better yet, to share their experience, provided they have used your services.
How do we promote ourselves without promoting ourselves?
When someone asks a question regarding the service we offer to the group we comment with a tip or two on what to look for such as:
- Licensing for that trades that is needed.
- Tips on how to reduce cost, prepping prior to having work done.
- Good, better, or best products
- If another trades person is mentioned and you know them and have kind words about them, share the kind words and kudos as it will come back to you ten fold.
Side note: I was at a networking event and ran into one of these Moms from Facebook who I did not know and she told me “everyone talks about me and likes my feedback” Even when you are not monitoring it, you are being heard.
These and other tips, business processes and practices, technology and the complete DYB System are unpacked and shared bi-weekly within our DYB Mastermind Groups,
but you can’t get there from here…
You have to check out the $1 DYB Café trial first. We want you to fully experience not just all of the tool and process we have, but also the amazing culture of the DYB Community.
Feedback is that it’s unlike anything in our industry. The 150+ ( currently 151 ) warmest and most helpful folks helping generously to see you succeed!
You can check it all out here: www.dybcoach.com