A FREE Tool That Will Help Your Business Stand Out From The Rest
By now, we all should have heard how important it is to have your business listed on Google.
But are you utilizing this free service and benefiting from all the options Google provides?
The following is a step-by-step process to utilize the different free options on your “Google My Business” listing.
(If you do not have a Google listing for your business yet, please log into www.google.com/business/ and sign up for your business NOW.)
- After signing up for your new account and providing basic information about your business, you will have to verify your account. Verifying account is not a quick process as they will send you a postcard in the mail with an access code which is done this way to verify this an actual address. In some cases, they will request pictures taken of the business front in addition to the card verification. (this process takes two weeks)
- Once you have your verification code you are ready to go and be found.
- You will be brought to the dashboard and as you explore this you will see the options you have to expand and feature your business for FREE.
- Manage your location with relevant dates and information.
- website address
- hours of operation
- pictures, pictures, pictures
How to Make Your Business Stand Out From the Rest:
- Posts: This is a newer feature from Google in which you write a mini blog or story and always attach a picture.
- With this option, you will be able to have a call to action with the option of “adding a button” which then you can provide an offer, sign up for an event, or have them buy from you at this point.
- An added bonus is that you can add multiple posts and it tracks how many views and click-throughs you have on each post.
- Insights: This allows you to track all site views on Google and if they Googled your company directly or searched for your business type and found you.
- Reviews (and their importance to your Google listing): As with many people today, online searches are the new way of searching for a business similar to what the Yellow pages use to be.
- Reviews help with moving your business rank on the Google search scale.
- Once you receive 5 reviews the review stars show next to your business name in bright color!
- The more reviews you attain, the higher ranking you become in Google’s eyes.
- Any negative review can be contested by flagging it to Google and they will look over that review.
- Messaging Option: You are able to have customers or potential customers send a direct message right from the Google listing of your business to a specified number – you attach it to for quicker responses to customers.
- Photos: The ability to load photos of your liking that represents you or your business. This is a great way to catch a customer’s attention
- Website (an option which allows you to design a FREE Google website): This would be great for a business on a tight budget utilizing their website templates and an easily navigable tutorial.
Google also allows you to create an ad at this site utilizing the AdWord option, but this blog is about FREE and this option is not free as AdWords cost money.
Following the above step-by-step walk thru of the “Google My Business” option will set you apart from your competition as well as allow you to display to your customers your work and or your services.