What do you think of this?
You’re at the counter one morning at the local paint store, picking up paint for you and your crew, in your painting whites. It is going to be a long day. Hoping it will not rain, as after work you have two estimates to go to.
Next to you, is another contractor in his khakis and a polo shirt, chatting with the paint store employees and you hear him mention his golf league this afternoon and his long weekend coming up. He does not have a spec of paint on him and he is actually smiling.
What is he doing you are not?
The short answer is that he is Out of the Bucket.
What does that mean? It means he does not physically paint anymore, but instead, he runs his business and does not let the business run him.
- Manages his own time
- Networks, nurtures relationships, shakes hands, to name a few
- Works on the business and not on putting paint on the wall
Does this sound like a good change?
What is he doing differently than you?
- Streamlined estimating to on the spot delivery of the estimate.
- Actively involved in social media
- Attends networking activities consistently
- Utilizes applications to rid his business of paper
- Trains crew leaders to up-sell projects via additional work orders (AWO)
- Installed project management software where he can see where any project is at any one time and invite or share pertinent information with a client and crew
- Time management to the second regarding employee time keeping.
- Utilizes a customer relationship manager (CRM) to manage customers and track every project history and future
Where does he get his work?
- Owns the first page of Google for FREE
- Stays Top of Mind with his clients (T.O.M.)
- Uses clients to seek to other clients.
- Blogs, (yes, blogs) using tag words and content that clients can relate to.
- Clients book their own appointments online, with times he allows them to see
How does this sound now?
Is it a dream or do you want to take steps to make this a reality for you and your business?
I have a special I am running till August on the 3 open spots I have that I’d be happy to share with those who are interested. Email me at Ron@DYBCoach.com.
Not ready, yet? That’s okay. Take one step toward your future each day. Getting out of the bucket is not rocket science, but sometimes we all need that push forward. Let’s this article encourage you in whatever next step is for you.
You’ve got this!