What is going to make the customer remember you?
Researchers state, in a person’s day, we see a minimum of 700 and as many as 5,000 advertising images a day.
So, who is going to remember you?
You have a great website, yard signs, professional crew, a Facebook business page… BUT IS ANYONE TALKING ABOUT YOU?
I was recently walking through the super market and a friend of a friend came up to me and said “I love your videos.”
I did not know this person nor ever met her before in my life, but she saw my video, AND SHE LOVED IT.
What kind of videos you may be wondering?
Anything that shows off your company in a positive way. I started with a question I was receiving from many of my customers in the beginning of the year.
“Does my deck need to be stained again this year?”
This was a perfect opportunity to answer by video.
From this point I answered questions thru the year via video.
We all use a cell phone on a daily basis, if not an hourly basis. Start utilizing the video camera and BE NOTICED FOR FREE.
A few tips to share when recording a video:
- Practice what you are going to say a few times before filming. If you really mess it up, delete and video again.
- Be yourself
- Use a prop, piece of equipment, new product
- Be different — I recently videoed from my roof at 6:45 am with a coffee to show everyone a new gutter product. This was viewed over 1100 times
- Keep the video under 90 seconds, people do not have a long attention span
- Selfie sticks work great.
What should you video and share:
- Frequently asked questions – wallpaper stripping, deck refinishing, power washing, new product, services offered,
- Project walk thru — please be sure to ask the homeowner permission before posting
- Charity event
- Remarkable presentation you gave at a networking event — have someone else video it for you
- Freebie Fridays — We have been posting a video on Friday with a free giveaway of a new product from our shop (extra new paint leftover from projects)
How do you share? Post on your Facebook business page and then share that post from your personal page.
You’ll want to reply to any comment someone may post regarding the video. This will bring it back to the top of the their feed and their friends will see it and possibly also comment.
Get all of our courses by joining the DYB Café for ALL our DYB online courses walking you through step by step processes to help you on your way to Doubling Your Business, here for $1
Here was an unsolicited comment left by Steven Henn, last Friday in our DYB Community FB group:
“I’m in for a $1 button here.”